Resources for Defending Civil Liberties
Contact your Senators and Representative
In preparation for another PATRIOT Act reauthorization fight in 2009, we must continue to inform our U. S. Senators and Representatives about the effects of the PATRIOT Act, the need to reform the law, and their duty to perform oversight. Find contact information for your members of Congress.
- Suggestions from groups nationwide who participated in a January 3, 2006, conference call.
Sample Op-Eds, Letters to the Editor, Press Release
The columnists below invite you to submit their op-eds as is, with their bylines, or to borrow liberally from them in creating your own, with your own byline.
- Op-ed, "Rumblings of Freedom?" by Chip Pitts, BORDC Board President
- Op-ed on Executive Power by Hope Marston, former BORDC West Region Organizer
- Taking Liberties Reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act?, column by Garry Klein, Iowa City Bill of Rights Defense Committee
Resources for the Business Community
- BORDC's booklet, The PATRIOT Act and American Business
- How Does the USA PATRIOT Act Affect Businesses?, Source: ACLU of Utah
- Letter to Senator Specter signed by the US Chamber of Commerce and other prominent business associations (PDF) asking for amendments to the PATRIOT Act